General Feeding Suggestions
- Place tub in a dry location near the animal’s source of water, salt, mineral or loafing area.
- To feed: remove plastic cover and score surface several times with a knife to encourage initial consumption.
- Consumption will vary depending on animal’s size, stage of production, weather conditions, quality, source and availability of roughage and grains.
- To increase consumption, decrease the number of animals per tub, or place tubs away from the normal loafing area.
- DO NOT stack anything on top of tub without placing a slip sheet or wooden pallet between tubs. DO NOT stack more than 2 tubs high.
- Observe the following precautions:
- Provide unlimited drinking water.
- Provide adequate roughage in terms of quantity and quality.
- Provide mineral supplementation in addition to tubs or blocks.